1990 Toyota Corolla Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Toyota Corolla
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Toyota Corolla Problems
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
If the engine will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter. These will tend to go out at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1990 Toyota Corolla Questions
my corolla 1.8 D since I bought it the windshiled only works in max speed position... i think it could be a relay but i cant find it in the car...
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME HELP??? INSPECTION IS COMMING and dont know how to fix this
I have a new complete motor. I would like to get a estimate on the labor cost to have it swaped out.
1990 Toyota Corolla Reviews
running when wheather hot engine loses power shut down ,when cool after 30 min. restarts runs fine than repeats replaced fuel pump dist. disp cap , rotor ,plugs , wires ,water pump
Most reliable car ever.
Wonderful Car!! My Judy is going strong after owning it for 8 years and have put 125,000 miles on her. Making a total of 250,000! No matter what I do, or where I go...she keeps going. Corolla's are champions!