1998 Toyota Celica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Toyota Celica
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Toyota Celica Problems
If the car will not start, the most likely problem is worn or corroded solenoid contacts in the starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.
Sludge can build up in the engine because Toyota did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.
1998 Toyota Celica Questions
Hoping to troubleshoot the AC system
How do you replace it?
What's the average cost to have the convertible top and rear tinted window w/defroster replaced on a 98 Toyota Celica?
1998 Toyota Celica Reviews
Good reliable car with no issues at about 176000 miles. With the automatic it is still quite fast and can get over 30 mpg on the highway. Very few repairs needed, such as an oil pump and the coolant overflow bottle leaked. Handles well and just seems like it will go forever. Much better than an Accord of the same age that I own. Very rare and people hang onto them.