1992 Toyota Celica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Toyota Celica
- My car makes a whistling sound when I accelerate, I have checked the timing and it is perfect?
- I was driving on highway and car died and it seems not to have fire anymore why?
- I was driving my car on freeway and all the sudden it just died, no start now?
- What would cause a car battery to drain, even after being fully charged?
- The problem is the car wont start intermittently.
1992 Toyota Celica Problems
The automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1992 Toyota Celica Questions
1992 Toyota Celica Reviews
I just bought a 1992 toyota celica gt and it needs work because it has been sitting but i was wondering if anyone new how to take the valve cover off because I cant seem to find the bolts if you know please email firstname.lastname@example.org thanks
Cool car, hard and expensive to find parts for!
A great second car, but not one for the claustrophobic. Just now ready for our 5000 mile checkup with 5048 miles. First car is a 1997 Previa with 160,000 plus miles. Never owned a better car (nor van).