1991 Toyota Celica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Celica
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1991 Toyota Celica Problems
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
If the vehicle will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter, which tend to fail at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid contacts, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
1991 Toyota Celica Questions
Got a 1989 Mr2 non turbo..gasoline smell in side of car..don't see any leaks..help
Mother-in-law driving, car came to a stop and died at light after exiting freeway, restarted and ran for another minute until loosing power and stopping. She told me the oil light came on. I have verified spark with timing light and with plug removed. Did a compression test and all was OK. Oil fu...
1991 Toyota Celica Reviews
I bought a 91 celica gts, and i like it, however, id love it if it ran, i drove it home the day i got it, the very next day it died, it would try to start but wouldnt hold. We replaced the fuel pump, and charged the battery, now the car wont even turn over.....any suggestions, or ideas.
On my 1991 Toyota Celcia I had to replace my fuel pump twice. First one only lasted a year and half.
Cool Car.chick Magnet!!