2004 Toyota Camry Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota Camry
- Have code saying throttle stuck open. Will this not allow the car to start
- after cutting car off it won't start for hours. Lights & radio work not cranking
- My Camry wouldnt start at all. I tried everything. Pushing the car, jump start
- Check engine light, high rims, cruise control won't set. 124000 miles.???
- i am buying a se 2004 camry. do i need to change the timing belt. what kind of b
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Toyota Camry Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
One or more motor mounts may wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts, and the faulty mount(s) should be replaced.
2004 Toyota Camry Questions
I drive then come back, get out, and car won't start. I turn the ignition, the music , lights and dash lights up. Car won't crank up. Come back hours later and it cuts back on again and does the same cycle.
After all of these nothing worked at all. I found my radiator to be empty and after filling it, with the cap every-time i tried to start the radiator threw water. The car has been parked since 3 months now. Belts seem to move but the car wont power up at all.
is it a chain or belt for 2004. do you need to change it with the pumpwater and when...
2004 Toyota Camry Recalls
The amount of adhesive applied between the inner and outer parts of the crankshaft pulley may be inadequate. If this is the case, the outer ring may become misaligned and/or not properly rotate with the inner ring, causing an abnormal noise and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light. In some cases, the power steering belt could come off resulting in a loss of power steering assist, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the crankshaft pulley and replace it if necessary.
Toyota is recalling 2002–2004 Camry models with curtain shield air bags (CSA) because one or both curtain air bags may be twisted near the inflator. If this occurs, the air bag may not deploy rapidly enough when activated in a side impact collision, failing to provide intended head protection. Dealers will inspect the CSA and replace the air bag assembly if necessary.
2004 Toyota Camry Reviews
Bought new, now with 102,000 miles. No parts failures or early wear of any kind.. The car still has its original brakes, including pads. The secret: a light pedal, and over half the miles are highway miles. Four star explanations: Auto trans often fails to immediately engage in initial acceleration in creeping stop and go, and at stops. Multiple dealers say there is no cure. A light ...
I bought my 2004 Camry in 2008 with 63,000 miles on it. I've been extremely happy with it ever since. I get an oil change every 3,000 miles and have only had to replace the serpentine belt last year. Otherwise, no mechanical repairs have been required. The latch for the small, top compartment between the driver's seat and passenger's seat needs to be fixed and I'll need to get her some new tire...
Hi, i love this car its been pretty good to me over the years, but lately when ever I'm parked doing something on my computer ( I drive a lot for work) I'll hear this squeaking sound, only maybe once a minute. Sounds sort of like when you close a wood door thats just a little too tight. Anyways sounds like its coming from under the dash on the passenger's side or perhaps the middle of the dash....