1997 Toyota Camry Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Toyota Camry
- cold start after changing plugs and wires
- car key starts to turn in ignition, but stops, not able to start the car, help
- The spring came out of my inside driver door handle, I have the spring, the door will open only from the outside. Can I just put that spring back inside the handle mechanism, or do I have to replace the whole interior handle? Thanks so much
- The car started banging as we climbed a steep hill & the car was heavily loaded.
- do you use a timing light to time or is it just the marks you set it by? I mean how can you tell if it is a tooth off?
1997 Toyota Camry Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
One or more motor mounts may wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts, and the faulty mount(s) should be replaced.
1997 Toyota Camry Questions
I have never had this happen before. First time yesterday. Had new keys made last year because old key wouldnt turn at all anymore. Now my key starts to turn but only a little and then stops and will not start the car
1997 Toyota Camry Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1997 Camrys due to a possible jamming of the lock pin of the key interlock solenoid, which makes it possible to remove the ignition key when the shift lever is not in the "Park" position. This may cause the driver to fail to move the shift lever into "Park," which can cause the parking brake not to activate. Dealers will replace the key interlock solenoid.
1997 Toyota Camry Reviews
I have had this car for two years, I drive it every day. I have done one tune up and keep the oil changed. It has also 350,000 miles on looking to hit 500,000 before I get a new one, and yes it will be another Toyota
I inherited this 1997 Camry LE 4cyl when my mom passed away a year and a half ago, at the time it had 190,000 miles on it, it now has 235,000 on it, I am the 4th owner, I change the oil every 5,000 miles, it has had the struts replaced, the exhaust cat included ( it was a north east car at the begining of it's life ) and the AC compressor, I use it to commute 60 miles one way to work, 75% highw...
i have 1997 toyota camry V6 with 200,000 miles on it still run good , most time just doing it my self , timing bell will work to 80,000 or 95,000 miles , but i just replace power steering compinion rack at 189,000 miles for 100 dollar , you can buy recondition o...