1996 Toyota Camry Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Toyota Camry
- Turns over but won't start is the radio noise sup. in dist for this year
- The battery light is coming on and off and the power steering is now out.
- Car engine started vibrating after catalytic converter was replaced.
- how do I jump the fuel pump
- What are the names/locations of the different "motor" mounts??
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Toyota Camry Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
One or more motor mounts may wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts, and the faulty mount(s) should be replaced.
1996 Toyota Camry Questions
I replaced the engine motor mounts (all of them), and the car was still vibrating. It vibrates when car is idle, or driving.
Ran diagnostic on my car. And basically the code was regarding the solenoid e sensor. What would that cost to replace and what does it sensor? My check engine light is on and i was wondering if there is a way to bypass for smog check? Help me.. Any advice? Thanks
In order for me to remove my keys from the ignition, I have to disconnect my battery. And then of course to start my car I have to reconnect my battery. Such a pain every time. Also the shifter moves from park to drive without having to press the button on the top left side of the shifter. Automa...
1996 Toyota Camry Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1996 Camry models because the plastic material of the bulb holders of the rear tail light assembly does not have sufficient heat resistance. When the bulb is illuminated, the resulting high temperature can cause the bulb holder to deform. This may cause the bulb to lose electrical contact and become inoperative, increasing the risk of an accident. Dealers will inspect and replace the bulb holder and harness if necessary.
Toyota is recalling 1996 T100, Camry, Celica, Corolla, and Tacoma models because the cruise control system may fail to hold the speed set by the driver and can accelerate above the intended set speed. This can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the cruise control assemblies.
1996 Toyota Camry Reviews
very reliable car. great city/highway mpg. drive in snow great. the only problem with camrys are that they have a egr problem; with high mileage, most of them idles and stall a lot.
GREAT CAR,220,000 MILES STILL GOING I LOVE MY 96,TOYOTA
The car has 170,000 miles on it but still works great as long as it receives regular maintenance. After 12 years the only problem I've come across is oil leaks which are easily fixed.