1999 Toyota Avalon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Toyota Avalon
- Regarding the leaking Avalon, wrong zip code!!! I am in Appleton...sorry!!
- I have a leak on the right front of my car that cannot seem to be diagnosed
- What is wrong with my car trunk lid alarm?
- why is my '99 Toyota Avalon overheating?! help!
- i got a p0401 code, and my check engine light is on.how do i fix this problem?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Toyota Avalon Problems
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
1999 Toyota Avalon Questions
Also, the car has 89,000 miles on it, which I consider to be somewhat low for the year of the car. I am the second owner of it, my Mom being the first.
have replaced radiator, power steering pump, valve cover gaskets, crank and cam shaft seals. Car is still leaking fluid and now I am seeing a bit of steam or smoke come out of the hood. Could I have a bad thermostat gasket? Car does not over heat or fluctuate temperature...stays where it shoul...
When my car is locked and I try to open the trunk lid the alarm goes off about 70% of the time...........thank you!
1999 Toyota Avalon Recalls
1999 Toyota Avalon Reviews
Recently purchased one of these with ~63k miles and it still runs very well. The interior is roomy and the engine has a nice feel and provides much better power than my Camry but still maintains decent fuel economy (about 23/24mpg).
This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. As is often said; it's the best Buick General Motors never built. My first Toyota was a 1973 Celica,which I kept til 1990,at which time I gave it to an employee that needed reliable transportation.