1998 Toyota Avalon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Toyota Avalon
- 1998 avalon has gurgling noise coming fron V6 engine
- Do I need to replace all 5 mounts (inl. trans.) if only 2 are shot? Cost $1,300!
- Why is car jerking? Notice very obvious when 55 or less. Idle fluctuating at idl
- How can I test a coil to see which one is bad without paying to have it tested.
- car has new starter and battery but will not start.
1998 Toyota Avalon Problems
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
1998 Toyota Avalon Questions
All plugs n wires changed. No engine light on. Idles up n down n lights get bright ndim as idle ffluctuates. Coil? Does check engine light come on for coil
Is this something I can do myself?
No clicking noise when key is turned
1998 Toyota Avalon Recalls
1998 Toyota Avalon Reviews
My car is making a knocking noise increasing in loudness. If it is not the motor, what else could it be? My car has slightly over 230,000 miles.
This car now has 104k miles and it runs beautifully. All I had to do is replace the rotors, brakes, tires, which are all due to the high mileage. The mechanic tells me it will run for some time.