1997 Toyota Avalon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Toyota Avalon
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Toyota Avalon Problems
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
1997 Toyota Avalon Questions
I don't think the throttle kicker is working properly. I am just assuming it has one lol.
When you start the car, it idles very high at 2,2 rpm. When you take off it hesitates. Why does this happens?
Traction control light on dash goes off but if I have any tire spin it quits working. Can I fix this and how involved?
1997 Toyota Avalon Recalls
1997 Toyota Avalon Reviews
I have own this car since it was new. No one else has driven this car (295,000 miles) but me. The suspension for the 97 Toyota was beyond bad. Had to be replaced with stiffer struts. Starter went out at 200,000 miles but this was an easy fix. $150 for new starter. I will never own any car except an Avalon and never any bike except a Harley.
Bought this car new Dec. 1996. Original tires wore out in less than 20,000 miles. Replaced with Michelin and have been happy. Just replaced the first part (sway bar link), and the rear struts are starting to leak. The only other problem is the aluminum wheels, the air leaks from the rims. The battery is still good after almost 13 years.
I got this car second hand. The original owner worked for a local Toyota dealer and his wife drove it for 13 years. In that time they had the rack and pinon replaced and had the engine rebuilt due to a recall for engine sludge for this model. When they got into the engine they discovered this car didn't have the same problem and was in great shape. I have all the original service papers/receipt...