2006 Toyota 4Runner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Toyota 4Runner
- When do I change timing belt/chain on my 06 V8 4runner?
- Every morning when reversing the brake squeals when brake is applied. Going forward is ok and while driving it is ok. What causes this?
- Low tire pressure light went on & stayed on ....for about 6 miles.
- When I make sharp turns, why does it sound like water is sloshing around above?
- Why won't my truck shift out of park
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Toyota 4Runner Problems
If the car will not start, the most likely problem is worn or corroded solenoid contacts in the starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.
2006 Toyota 4Runner Questions
this morning, the low tire pressure light went on and stayed on..... for about 6 miles. It was the first really cold morning (frost on the windshield) we've had so far. I mention that because I am wondering if the weather has anything to do with it. I am, of course, going to try and get in...
Usually when first starting my truck, it takes several tries pushing the break, ignition on and off, before it will go into gear. The manual over ride works every time. I checked all fluids and fuses, seems there is a pin or solenoid getting stuck. What can I do?
Took it to a tech and he looked at it for a few minutes and said he needed to get to the evaporator to further diagnose at a cost of $1200. I know it is hard and time consuming to get to but would the AC work if it was an evaporator issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2006 Toyota 4Runner Recalls
The accelerator pedal can become trapped under an unsecured or incompatible floor mat. This can cause the accelerator pedal to stick in the wide open position, increasing the risk of a crash. At this time, the remedy plan is still under development, but will most likely involve modification or replacement of the accelerator pedal and Toyota all-weather floor mats. No schedule of owner notification is available at this time. The Toyota recall number is 90L; the Lexus number is 90LG.
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.
2006 Toyota 4Runner Reviews
Love this truck. great engineering, good looking, good power in the V8. I haven't had any problems with it.
I purchased my 2006 4Runner in January, 2006...other than changing the tires and regular maintenance I have had absolutely no problems with my vehicle. Of all of the cars I have purchased in my lifetime, this one far surpassed my expectations.
'06 4Runner Sport V6 Bought this used about 6 months ago with 38,000 miles and am extremely happy with my purchase.... GREAT TRUCK! This is my 4th toy, have owned a 99 Taco, 05 Tundra and an 07 Tundra. The runner drives the best of any 4wd I have ever driven. Very tight turning radius, no rattles or creaks in the interior, suspension is firm but not punishing, love the X-Reas system in the cor...