1998 Toyota 4Runner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Toyota 4Runner
- Starting problem, I don't really think its the starter?
- already bought my plugs/plug wires for toyota could i get a shop 2 replace them
- My pedal is hard at times n then regular replaced front pads and checked the bra
- engine has no spark
- Tried to remove the #3 cyl spark plug from 3.4 ltr. It just spins, can't remove
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Toyota 4Runner Problems
The evaporative emission (EVAP) system may illuminate the vehicle's Check Engine Light due to intermittent failure of the charcoal canister purge control solenoid valve or canister failure. Upon failure of the charcoal canister, debris may circulate around the EVAP system causing other emission control problems.
If the car will not start, the most likely problem is worn or corroded solenoid contacts in the starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.
The heater circuit for the oxygen sensor tends to have a higher than normal failure rate. Failure of the oxygen sensor heater circuit will illuminate the Check Engine Light. The internal oxygen sensor heater cannot be repaired, the failed sensor should be replaced to correct this concern.
1998 Toyota 4Runner Questions
I had the Key Lock Cylinder replaced about a month ago and ever since then I have had starting problems, my battery is brand new, so I know its not that. It takes a few times before my car will start and you can hear some type of whining. Well yesterday it wouldn't start at all, I tapped on t...
engine as no spark
1998 Toyota 4Runner Recalls
Toyota has recalled 1996-1998 4Runner trucks because when they are loaded down fully, steering response and handling may be compromised, which can cause a loss of vehicle control. Dealers will replace the rear suspension parts.
1998 Toyota 4Runner Reviews
love the car no problems till now try to start just hear relay click nothing works on switch headlights and horn are good would be gratefull for any ideals
I bought my 3rd used 4runner in 2002 (a 1998) with 40,000 + - miles. It now has 178,000. However, the body has a LOT of rust. I hope they now make them more Vermont friendly or any place where road salt is a necessity in winter. The only other fault I've had is with the brakes. Overall, I have loved it and it has basically been trouble free. I would buy another if they were more affordable.
This is a very good truck my truck has got me trough anythang ive went through with no problem