1995 Toyota 4Runner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Toyota 4Runner
- REAR ANTI LOCK brake light stays on after replacing back- up light switch. Why?
- Why does the EFI fuse blow instantly and there is no spark at the coil?
- when we start the engine as soon as the brakes are applied the engine dies
- What should I look for after my battery sprayed acid all over the engine?
- My 4 runner doesn't have power in reverse. It feels like the trans is slipping.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1995 Toyota 4Runner Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1995 Toyota 4Runner Questions
A mechanic did not put the hold down on my battery after working on my 4runner. The battery slide over to the steering pump and the pulley ground a hole in it's side causing acid to spray the engine compartment for three days. The auto shop is now replacing parts that are corroded and cleani...
it's not showing any diagnostic codes happens under a load like up hills it makes a pop then will go from 65 mph to 35 mph and stay's that way until I park it for awhile
My 95 4runner when I first start it up it will idle high then shut off but if I jump start the fuel pump with a paper clip it will stay running and I replaced the throttle position sensor and now even with the fuel pump jump started the truck will just go in drive and rev but not move also I repl...
1995 Toyota 4Runner Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1995 Toyota 4Runner Reviews
I've got a 1995 V6 4Runner SR5 2wd with 254,000 miles and still running like a champ! It's been in a couple minor parking lot run-in's, but it still looks, runs, and drives better than my 2000 Durango! Just put a whole new set of engine gaskets on it and had my mechanic tell me it's nicer than some of the 2001+ models he's worked on with less than 100K. The ONLY thing I can criticize about i...
I LOVE my 4Runner! I gave a 3* in electrical, because my rear air, back up lights, and front running lights do not work, and I can't figure out why...4* in engine because I think a vehicle of this size should get a little better MPG's (otherwise it is great). It handles AWESOME in 4X4 driving. mine has a 2" lift & 30" tires, but my friends call it the "mountain Goat". My family of 5 fits pr...