1994 Toyota 4Runner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Toyota 4Runner
- What would cause the brakes to become hard to push.
- 4runner will only get up to 45mph on freeway. no power, rough idle.
- I need to locate the AC pressure switch on my toyota 4 runner v 6
- when the automatic transmission warms up it will not go into any gear.
- Why does my 1994 Toyota 4runner sr5 4x4 3vze overrev shifting Inbetween gears
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Toyota 4Runner Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1994 Toyota 4Runner Questions
The brakes act as though the engine isn't on and you have to almost stand on them to stop, even at slow speeds
When i push in the clutch the engine rev up
What is wrong my Brake pedal is hard ,and idle is rough when i slow or stop.
1994 Toyota 4Runner Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1994 Toyota 4Runner Reviews
Love my 4Runner, I had a 1990 with 340,000 miles on it and it finally died. Bought a 1994 because I needed the tailgate and they changed it in 1996 to a lift back. Great car.
I don't know how to rate my car
I LOVE my 4Runner! I bought a 94 about 5 years ago and have kept up on maintenance so it runs like a champ. The 3.slow engine can be frustrating when going up hills but it is great for 4wheeling and driving in the snow. I put KM2 tires on it and even with the slower engine my 4runner can hold its own in the mud and snow. They just dont make em like this anymore...