1993 Toyota 4Runner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Toyota 4Runner
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Toyota 4Runner Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1993 Toyota 4Runner Questions
we replaced the clutch, now wont start it just clicks so we replaced the starter. it will start if we pull it off. we have checked battery, checked wiring everything is connected. any suggestions
I have low compression on cyl1:75lbs cyl2:155lbs cyl3:105lbs and cyl4:175lbs. When the truck is idling and I remove the cyl1 wire it make no difference. And after I drive for a little bit it smells like burn, also when driving at about 45-55mph the truck looses power but gains it when I go over ...
Truck runs very rough and has no power and the catalytic converter hot orange glow after it warms up
1993 Toyota 4Runner Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.