1990 Toyota 4Runner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Toyota 4Runner
- no power when on an incline. ok on level ground
- no power in reverse. Drive gear ok .
- If I put it into reverse and can't back up, what could be wrong?
- How much would it cost to get someone to put in a ac compressor in my 90 4-runne
- when I am driving and press the break My steering wheel will Turn right what is?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1990 Toyota 4Runner Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1990 Toyota 4Runner Questions
1990 Toyota 4Runner Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1990 Toyota 4Runner Reviews
Best vehicle ever built. Solid and dependable in any weather. Cheap to keep and easy to repair if needed.