1996 Suzuki Sidekick Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Suzuki Sidekick
- Suzuki sidekick 1.8 sport. 16 valve DOHC .How do you test the ICA?
- Did a scan and code reading was P0505. Does anyone know what this code is for?
- What is the code for the throttle position sensor in 1996 sidekick 1.8 sport
- I have a 1.8 sport sidekick . It will start idle but dies
- A 1996 Suzuki sidekick JX 1.6 L batteries good alternators good starters good will only start by jumping it but won't starton its own I'm assuming it's a relay or something don't know for sure anybody got any ideas
1996 Suzuki Sidekick Problems
The clutch pedal may suddenly fall to the floor due to a broken weld on the pedal pivot assembly. A revised clutch pedal assembly is available to correct this condition.
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
1996 Suzuki Sidekick Questions
It dies when the throttle is pushed down.
1996 Suzuki Sidekick Recalls
1996 Suzuki Sidekick Reviews
This vehicle has worked great for me.I've had it for three years and have only replaced the exhaust system, the water & fuel pump.The engine is powerful enough and I am getting around thirty one mpg city no complaints on the fuel economy.The steering and suspension are great and so is the four wheel drive.I've never gotten stuck even in deep snow.
This Car has it's Pros and it's Cons. It was driven for 11 Years on a regular basis then sat for another 3 Years without being worked on at all, Before it was in my Hands. Despite going through some of the roughest Winters and most of the problems coming from the Engine...The old dog never croaked over. The Interior holds up nice, Almost no problems with the Brakes, Suspension & Steering, Trans...