1991 Suzuki Sidekick Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Suzuki Sidekick
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1991 Suzuki Sidekick Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
A hesitation on acceleration may be caused by a failing throttle position sensor (TPS). If the problem is confirmed to be a failed TPS replacement of the failed sensor will be required.
1991 Suzuki Sidekick Questions
I parked the car then several hours later came to start the car it was a little difficult to start first then it started the engine light came on, did not not misfire or buck, but it ran a little high idle I drove home then i went to start again it would not start
I need a new brake line & exhaust pipe for my car. The exhaust pipe is completely rusted and has a few holes in it. My brake fluid is also leaking out. How much do you estimate the repairs to be?
1991 Suzuki Sidekick Recalls
1991 Suzuki Sidekick Reviews
because i bought it used, there were a million things that needed attention and tending to, but i love my car as if it was a person however, the owners before me did not take care of it properly. This means i am stuck with all the "medical" bills. Other than its occasional repairs, it is a very reliable and resilient car.
May 1991 Brought the Sidekick, been use for pulling a tent trailer and small hunting boat over the years. Now the last 8 years only for the winter,Love the snow, other then few normal repairs.it is a 160,000 mile relable car.