2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Slapping sound when applying brakes. What could cause this?
- What is the location of the fuel filter on a 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4cyl 4wd
- my paint on my car looks like it was splashed with paint thinner
- car won't start. battery okay and sound of trying to start heard, but doesn't.
- Where is the fuel filter located on my GV?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Problems
There are many reports of low beam head light bulbs burning out prematurely. As of this writing Suzuki has not released a service bulletin addressing this issue. Using only high quality replacement bulbs, and extra care not to touch the bulb surface when handling the new bulb can help extend the life of the replacement bulbs.
The AC condenser fan motor may fail. If this occurs the air conditioning will stop blowing cold air.
The timing chain cover gasket and timing chain tensioner may fail, causing an oil leak or excessive noise. Because removing the timing chain is labor intensive, this can be an expensive repair.
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Questions
Recently installed new front brake pads. Now after driving a few miles, when applying brakes, there is a "slapping" type of sound. Noise seems to come from driver side front wheel area. What is the cause?
What is the location
it won't wash off and the collision center thinks its from under thepaint
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Recalls
The passenger seat contains a sensor which helps determine if the passenger front airbag should deploy or not in the event of a crash. It is called the occupant classification system (OCS), and is a mat that is part of the passenger seat cushion. These vehicles are being recalled because the OCS may fail due to the repeated flexing of the mat from general use of the seat. As a result, in the event of a crash the passenger airbag may deploy when it should not, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the front passenger seat cushion (which includes the OCS sensor mat) to correct this concern.
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews
MPG less than expected (lucky to get 19). Ad and salespeople tout this as a "true SUV". I must have a different idea as to a SUV -- because in my world a true SUV wouldn't have such big issues with dust/dirt (interior get COVERED). I travel over 35 miles of gravel road on a daily basis -- which was one reason for purchasing this "true SUV"; I needed a vehicle with all-wheel drive, decent gro...
that is good and nice for desert driving
Beyond the gas mileage, this is a very good car for long trips. For short trips, city driving, etc., I should of gotten the SX4.