1999 Suzuki Esteem Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Suzuki Esteem
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Suzuki Esteem Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A squeak type noise may be noted from the top of the rack and pinion steering gear while turning the steering wheel. This is commonly caused by friction between the steering pinion shaft and its seal. Our technicians recommend to replace the pinion seal and use multi-purpose wheel bearing grease during reassembly to correct this concern.
The brake pedal may pulsate upon brake apply. The common causes are overheating from heavy braking an/or improper wheel torque. Our technicians tell us that brake pads and rotors should be replaced to correct this concern. Problems may arise from aftermarket rotors due to quality concerns. This applies to both front and rear disk brakes.
1999 Suzuki Esteem Questions
Car has 172,000 miles and cant afford to buy new car.What kind of fluid is this and can I just add fluid every so often.
our engine is burning oil not so much when overdrive
1999 Suzuki Esteem Reviews
cheap car, cheaper parts, beware of suspension subframe corrosion and breakage, has happened as early as 55 000 kms. on my it was at 130 000. all the bolts holding piece on broke off at their heads. replacement subframes from suzuki are nearly $700.00 new. there are now used subframes out there cos they all break. same problem with suzuki vitara. i drive semi for a living and am generally not...
bought the car brand new only 60k miles on it now. subframe replacement at 30k, cv axle at 25k, wagon still does not have much room in passenger seats,alternator replacement yesterday,exhaust heat shields vibrated loose wit in 20k. cheap car,but cheap is what we paid. problems with car but it served purpose.