1998 Suzuki Esteem Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Suzuki Esteem
- Clean or replace EGR Valve?
- How do I get the front drivers side brake caliper unseized on a 98 suzuki esteem
- I have leaking axle rubber boots both side. Can I have just the boots replaced?
- I have a 1998 suzki esteem,and I need to change my driver belt asap.
- what is the possible cause of this car trying to start but doesn't?
1998 Suzuki Esteem Problems
A squeak type noise may be noted from the top of the rack and pinion steering gear while turning the steering wheel. This is commonly caused by friction between the steering pinion shaft and its seal. Our technicians recommend to replace the pinion seal and use multi-purpose wheel bearing grease during reassembly to correct this concern.
1998 Suzuki Esteem Questions
Check engine light came on, know that it's the EGR valve (diagnostic code). Suspect the valve gasket cover may need replacing (that's okay)--but on an older car, is it better just to clean the EGR valve or replace? First time it's happened, eye on budget.
I am using a c clamp.
Only leaking a little on the front left and looking a little moist on the front right. Can I just do a half axle replacement? Also when is it an emergency to have this done?