1991 Subaru XT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Subaru XT
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1991 Subaru XT Problems
A hydraulic lifter type noise may be noted, often worse at idle. This can be caused by air being drawn past the oil pump seal allowing aerated oil to reach the valve lifters. Replacing the oil pump seals generally will correct this issue.
Premature timing belt failure is not uncommon. The recommended service interval is 60K, but belt failures before that mileage have been noted. This 1.8L engine is considered "free-wheeling", therefore the chances of valve damage if the timing belt fails is minimal.
1991 Subaru XT Questions
I just put new torque cans in my car and all the seals and everything is new, the car is properly timed both mechanically, and the ignition, yet my car does not want to start properly (it has issues getting into idle speed), to get it to start I have to give it some gas and even then I have to us...