2009 Subaru Tribeca Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Subaru Tribeca
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Subaru Tribeca Problems
A vibration or shutter may be noted on acceleration. If the transmission torque converter is suspected a revised part is available to correct this concern.
2009 Subaru Tribeca Recalls
The accessory lights that illuminate the area under the doors are referred to as "puddle" lights. An electrical short circuit can develop when either the puddle light or its connector are exposed to an electrolytic moisture source (such as road spray that has road salt in it) and it penetrates the circuit board of the puddle light or the pins of the puddle light connector(s). The short circuit can generate heat which may melt the plastic resulting in smoke or fire. Subaru dealers will install an additional fused-harness, to protect the puddle light system.
The vehicle dynamic control (VDC) G-sensor was improperly installed on some vehicles. It is intended to face forward, and was installed backward in production. The vehicle may handle in an unexpected way during hard braking, sudden turns, or other quick maneuvers. In extreme conditions, the driver could lose control of the vehicle and a crash could occur. Dealers will inspect the positioning of the VDC G-sensor and correct as needed. The recall began on December 19, 2008. The Subaru recall number is WVG-17.
2009 Subaru Tribeca Reviews
I have just over 40,000 on this vehicle and it is flawless. The car drives perfectly, it is comfortable and hands down beats anything that I have ever driven in snow. I have had 4 wheel drive Fords, Chevys and Dodges, even had two Jeeps thrown in throughout the years, this thing would run circles around all of them in bad weather. This is my 3rd Subaru, I will always have one so long as I li...