2012 Subaru Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Subaru Outback
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Subaru Outback Recalls
Due to the position and quantity of adhesive between the glass and its retainer, the moonroof glass may become loose or come completely off. If the moonroof were to detach from the vehicle while driving, it would become a potential road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the condition of the glass adhesion and apply additional adhesive or replace the moonroof glass as necessary.
Components inside the front wiper motor cover can overheat and as a result, the wiper motor bottom cover may melt and/or catch fire. This is an expansion of previous a previous recall with 16 vehicles being added. Dealers will replace the front wiper motor bottom cover to correct this concern.
On 2010-2013 Subaru models equipped with an automatic transmission and Audiovox accessory remote start system, if the key fob is dropped it may begin randomly transmitting a request to start the engine, causing the engine to unexpectedly start and run for up to 15 minutes. The engine may continue to start and stop until the battery in the fob goes dead or until the vehicle runs out of fuel. If the vehicle is parked in an enclosed area, there is a risk of carbon monoxide build-up which may cause asphyxiation. Original equipment keyless entry fobs integrated on the vehicle key are not affected. Dealers will replace the affected key fobs to correct this concern.