2004 Subaru Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Subaru Outback
- What would cause the engine on my outback to blow the spark plug out ofcylinder?
- Can I put a 2003 outback exhust system on a 2004 outback?
- Check engine light flashing and car was hesitating badly and then smoothed out.
- How do I remove & replace a radio/6-cd changer in '04 Outback Limited?
- If the head gasket is replaced, should I do the timing belt and water pump?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Subaru Outback Problems
A vibration or shutter may be noted on acceleration. If the transmission torque converter is suspected a revised part is available to correct this concern.
2004 Subaru Outback Questions
It blows it out of the cylinder repeatedly. The plug was not cross-threaded so I really don't know wat to do.
This happened in the morning and the evening and now the light is on steady.
Car has 127,000 miles, runs great and I plan on keeping it
2004 Subaru Outback Recalls
This recall applies only to vehicles equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
The fuel filler hose may have a hose clamp that is out of position or loose, which could result in fuel leakage. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire. Dealers will inspect and tighten the clamp on the fuel filler hose. The recall began August 27, 2003. The Subaru recall number is WW0-98.
2004 Subaru Outback Reviews
Overall, my experience with our 2004 subaru outback has been a poor one (purchased new). Quite frankly, I'm amazed they've maintained the reputation they're recognized for...In general, we've had continual electrical problems, from excessive light bulb burnout to poor speaker wiring and broken cd players. In addition, wear and tear components (i.e. stock tires, rotors, CV boots, etc.) fail fa...
Only problem I had was a short curcuit in one of the interior wires that affected the sunroof and rear lights. Otherwise the car is very nimble.