2003 Subaru Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Subaru Outback
- What other damage is likely to be caused by a failed water pump?
- what are the repair/rebuild cost estimates for my transmission
- When they plugged the car in for diagnostics it showed oxygen in the fuel.
- I was told I need a new engine. Really? It was running perfectly this morning.
- What causes a whirring sound in the front axle after the engine has warmed up?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Subaru Outback Problems
A vibration or shutter may be noted on acceleration. If the transmission torque converter is suspected a revised part is available to correct this concern.
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
2003 Subaru Outback Questions
2005 subaru outback. I had timing belt replaced at 100,000 miles, but not the water pump. I now have 150,000 miles. So I'm trying to decide if I should get water pump replaced or wait until 200,000 miles when I replace the timing belt again. Or maybe I don't even need to do it at that time?
I was told my engine had been leaking oil from gaskets ever since my last oil change. My engine oil supposedly showed a lot of engine damage. No oil smell ever, no oil drips beneath my car in garage, NO engine oil light ever displayed in car, and car driving perfectly. Perfectly. ZERO sign of ...
2003 Subaru Outback Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Subaru dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This recall applies only to vehicles equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
2003 Subaru Outback Reviews
I love this car! Two minor items: a) the pistons became "loose" after a certain age, so there's a minor "flutter" noise. Apparently the replacements fit tighter than the originals, but I've not spent the money for that. b) The visibility is less than ideal. I look 2-3 times each way to try to compensate for it, but sometimes I've looked and missed a car coming. Now at 273,000 miles the en...