2000 Subaru Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Subaru Outback
- Weakness, Lurking, Loss of Power while accelerating at low speeds
- Both of my front brakes lock up after driving s short distance then parking.
- My dashboard lights went out. Is there a fuse for them, and where is it
- Why do the battery light and brake light go on?
- Could a manifold gasket leak make the catalyst system read PO420?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Subaru Outback Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
2000 Subaru Outback Questions
I am having the same exact problem with my '00 Outback. However I do not hear any backfiring.... it just feels like it is losing power when accelerating at lower speeds. Lurking, hesitation, weakness in being able to get up and go. Yes, the Check Engine light is also sputtering on and off. H...
After sitting for anywhere from 1/2 hr to an hour, the brakes free up and the car can be driven, but only a short distance before they both lock up again.
Is the fuse dedicated for just the dashboard?
2000 Subaru Outback Recalls
2000 Subaru Outback Reviews
I also had to replace the head gaskets at around 120,000 miles. I have also had the check engine light on and off with regard to the CC like the guy from Dingmans Ferry, PA. My dealer told me it might be a sensor or it might be the CC. They told me if you replace the sensor and it turns out to be the CC you will the need to replace the CC and the sensor again because a bad CC will take out the...
HAD ENGINE HEAD GASKET TROUBLE , FOUND OUT THAT THE 2.5 ENGINES THAT YEAR HAD ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH THEM. CALLED AND E MAILED THE HEAD QUATERS IN NEW JERSEY, THEY WERE OF NO ASSISTANCE TO ME. i HAD TO PAY FOR IT OUT OF MY POCKET. nOW i HAVE ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT,. i REPLACES THE 2 SENSERS FRONT AND BACK OF THE c.c. .lIGHT STAYED OFF FOR A WHILE BUT RETURNED. rEPLACED TH...
Got hit with a lemon. Purchased for $5000.00 and in 2 months have had to rebuild engine completely and now am replacing the electrical unit. The car has 130,000 miles on it.