1992 Subaru Loyale Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Subaru Loyale
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Subaru Loyale Problems
A hydraulic lifter type noise may be noted, often worse at idle. This can be caused by air being drawn past the oil pump seal allowing aerated oil to reach the valve lifters. Replacing the oil pump seals generally will correct this issue.
Premature timing belt failure is not uncommon. The recommended service interval is 60K, but belt failures before that mileage have been noted. This 1.8L engine is considered "free-wheeling", therefore the chances of valve damage if the timing belt fails is minimal.
1992 Subaru Loyale Questions
I'm a little new to the Subaru Loyale which has a 1.8l with a 3-speed transmission, I bought it recently and the previous owner had mentioned it leaked oil from the valve cover. I recently had to make a long distance trip with it and it leaked oil onto the exhaust, causing it to smoke, I kept...
my 1992 suburu loyal died going up my hill. it still starts but wont stay running no matter how much gas i give it. if i had to guess id say fuel filter or fuel pump but im no mechanic. please help.
Car is 4wd wagon, 1.8 TBI engine, it revs very low when first started then idles very high after it warms up, 1500 rpm, normal is about 700.