1990 Subaru Loyale Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Subaru Loyale
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Subaru Loyale Problems
A hydraulic lifter type noise may be noted, often worse at idle. This can be caused by air being drawn past the oil pump seal allowing aerated oil to reach the valve lifters. Replacing the oil pump seals generally will correct this issue.
Premature timing belt failure is not uncommon. The recommended service interval is 60K, but belt failures before that mileage have been noted. This 1.8L engine is considered "free-wheeling", therefore the chances of valve damage if the timing belt fails is minimal.
1990 Subaru Loyale Questions
Have to keep foot on the gas pedal for several minutes to keep it running until the check engine light goes off.
it just died on the road. no spark. i can replace the timing belts but not sure if something major broke on the engine
when i go up hills it wants to cut out and it sort of learches forward. as long as i down shift and get a good head start, i will make it up the hill. but once im in first i cant do enymore then put the peddle to the meadle and hope i make it. is it a 02 cencer? a foul plugg? or is it something m...
1990 Subaru Loyale Recalls
1990 Subaru Loyale Reviews
308k and still running
my subaru has lasted me the last four years. i love driving it and it handles fairly well in the snow. but in the last two years i have noticed when i go up hills it seems that the car wants to die and break down under the preasure. if i down shift up the hill it seems to help as long as the RPMs r high enought. but if im in first gear i cant do enything but rev the car up the hill. what part i...