2011 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Subaru Legacy
Never overpay. Check prices with our estimator
Ask a mechanic in our community
2011 Subaru Legacy ProblemsCooling System Problems Cause Head Gasket Failure
At 150,000 miles, my Subaru Legacy developed a problem with the radio. Depending on my luck, the radio might or might not turn on. Eventually, the radio stopped working altogether, instead making a loud feedback type of noise. Subaru maintenance crew told me that the issue was electrical in nature and would cost upwards of $600 to repair.
2011 Subaru Legacy QuestionsHow do you add fluid to a Subaru CVT transmission? (2 answers)
I like to perform my own maintenance on my vehicles and since this is my first Subaru it would be good reference.
2011 Subaru Legacy RecallsWindshield Wipers Stop Working
The components within the windshield wiper motor bottom cover may interfere with each other due to contamination. This can cause the motor to overheat, fail to operate and result in a fire hazard. Dealers will replace the windshield wiper motor bottom cover assembly free of charge to resolve the concern.
On 2010-2013 Subaru models equipped with an automatic transmission and Audiovox accessory remote start system, if the key fob is dropped it may begin randomly transmitting a request to start the engine, causing the engine to unexpectedly start and run for up to 15 minutes. The engine may continue to start and stop until the battery in the fob goes dead or until the vehicle runs out of fuel. If the vehicle is parked in an enclosed area, there is a risk of carbon monoxide build-up which may cause asphyxiation. Original equipment keyless entry fobs integrated on the vehicle key are not affected. Dealers will replace the affected key fobs to correct this concern.
The accessory lights that illuminate the area under the doors are referred to as "puddle" lights. An electrical short circuit can develop when either the puddle light or its connector are exposed to an electrolytic moisture source (such as road spray that has road salt in it) and it penetrates the circuit board of the puddle light or the pins of the puddle light connector(s). The short circuit can generate heat which may melt the plastic resulting in smoke or fire. Subaru dealers will install an additional fused-harness, to protect the puddle light system.