2003 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Subaru Legacy
- is 1994 subaru drivetrain compatable with a 2003 subaru legacy?
- What is the rattle in the undercarriage?
- clock doesn't keep time on my subaru legacy B4, what's the problem?
- my car it doesnt seem like it wants to move then gets into gear,
- Turning sharply either direction I get a clunking noise.It is at low speed.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Subaru Legacy Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
2003 Subaru Legacy Questions
Does this has anything to do with the battery?
it seems like it has trouble switching gears then it will go, it has a good shake to it as you slow down, and when it does have trouble it can back fire sometimes and spudders
I can feel the clunking also. It seems like wheel bearings
This is a AWD vehichle.
2003 Subaru Legacy Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Subaru dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This recall applies only to vehicles equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
2003 Subaru Legacy Reviews
I am the original owner of an 03 Legacy SE wagon that currently has 131,000 miles. The car has been reliable, but has cost a small fortune in repairs. Head gaskets, rear wheel bearing, 2 exhaust systems, the rear light cluster leaked and needed replacement, rear stabilizer bar broke, front control arm replaced, and today, one of the glass sunroofs shattered. Tires last around 30,000, and must b...
I have hade my 2003 Subaru legacy for 2 years runs great drives great the best car I have owned for winter driving heats great cools great I just cant say more than just a great car seems if you take care of them they run great don't take in red and wow you don't have head problems drive with common sense and it will treat you good never ben on the side of the road more than I can say for vw m...