2003 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Subaru Legacy
- is 1994 subaru drivetrain compatable with a 2003 subaru legacy?
- What is the rattle in the undercarriage?
- clock doesn't keep time on my subaru legacy B4, what's the problem?
- my car it doesnt seem like it wants to move then gets into gear,
- Turning sharply either direction I get a clunking noise.It is at low speed.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Subaru Legacy Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
2003 Subaru Legacy Questions
Does this has anything to do with the battery?
it seems like it has trouble switching gears then it will go, it has a good shake to it as you slow down, and when it does have trouble it can back fire sometimes and spudders
I can feel the clunking also. It seems like wheel bearings
This is a AWD vehichle.
2003 Subaru Legacy Recalls
This recall applies only to vehicles equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Certain left side front transverse link components were produced with poor paint quality. Vehicles operated for an extensive period in "salt-belt" areas could develop excessive rust on the affected link, which could eventually break. A broken left front suspension link could affect vehicle control without prior warning, possibly resulting in a crash. Dealers will apply anti-rust material to the left front transverse link. The Subaru recall number is WWN-97.
2003 Subaru Legacy Reviews
I am the original owner of an 03 Legacy SE wagon that currently has 131,000 miles. The car has been reliable, but has cost a small fortune in repairs. Head gaskets, rear wheel bearing, 2 exhaust systems, the rear light cluster leaked and needed replacement, rear stabilizer bar broke, front control arm replaced, and today, one of the glass sunroofs shattered. Tires last around 30,000, and must b...
I have hade my 2003 Subaru legacy for 2 years runs great drives great the best car I have owned for winter driving heats great cools great I just cant say more than just a great car seems if you take care of them they run great don't take in red and wow you don't have head problems drive with common sense and it will treat you good never ben on the side of the road more than I can say for vw m...