2002 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Subaru Legacy
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Subaru Legacy Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
2002 Subaru Legacy Questions
This has less than 150,000 miles on car losing power esp. on hills diagnosed plugged converter is covered under a warranty can't drive no power
soft brake pedal pump twice they work fine had rotors and pads replaced rebuilt master cylinder and calipers had no visible leaks now what do I do Barry Scott
HElp!! How much oil goes in a 2002 subaru legacy 2.5L engine. They put 6 qts in when I had the oil changed. is this too much? My engine light keeps coming on - had spark plugs and wires replaced twice in 1 month and ignition coil pack. Engine light is on again and car fells like its going to co...
2002 Subaru Legacy Recalls
The transmission park mechanism located inside the automatic transmission may not hold when the selector is in the "park" position. The vehicle could move/roll without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the automatic transmission parking rod assembly to correct this concern.
2002 Subaru Legacy Reviews
My 2002 Legacy has been a total freaking disaster ever since I bought it. I basically has cost me as much in repairs as another new Subaru! Every possible aspect of this car has gone amuck including 3 new head gaskets, wheel bearings, suspension parts, AC. All the mechanics I've hired "can't believe that this could happen to a Subaru", and the dealer and manufacturer completely disappeared afte...