1999 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Subaru Legacy
- will the master wiring harness and ECU from a 2.5l car work on a 2,2l Subaru leg
- Can a torque converter cause reverse problems on a Subaru legacy b4 automatic?
- Car cannot engage reverse, what could be the problem, I change the transmission?
- I have a black box w/hoses attach hanging from my passenger side rear of my car
- What would you like to ask? trouble shooting antilock brake
1999 Subaru Legacy Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
1999 Subaru Legacy Questions
The mechanic said he suspects the converter and replacing the transmission when the car could not move when put on reverse?
The transmission has just been taken from another same Subaru model and was running just fine.
It looks like it was rusted and fell down. I have no idea what this is for or what its called
1999 Subaru Legacy Recalls
1999 Subaru Legacy Reviews
My experiences with reliability have not been as good as Subaru's reputation would indicate. We bought this car new, it now has 140k on it. We had the mass air recall when only a few months old, then the oxygen sensor died a few months later, then we had an oil leak around the valve-cover gasket that fouled the spark plugs, then at around 65k miles the odometer/speedometer failed and had to b...