1998 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Subaru Legacy
- would body parts from a 2001 legacy fot on a 1998 model ? thanks in advance
- Hi, the problem with my b4 is when in 2nd or 3rd gear, between 2000 and 3000rpm
- how long/miles until engine light resets after repair- check engine light repair
- how much is it to replace my front bumper?
- What is causing a knocking sound coming from my front driver's side?
1998 Subaru Legacy Problems
A failure in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery. An improved ABS relay is available to solve the problem.
1998 Subaru Legacy Questions
For the last couple of weeks, I hear a loud knocking coming from the front driver's side of my car. It happens once I have been driving for atleast 15 minutes. It almost sounds like it happens when the tire is rotating. Going over bumps and turning the wheel has no effect on the knocking. ...
I just got a price of $500 to replace the front struts if the old brackets can still be used. My front driver's side is leaking fluid.
when tring to start after replacing headgaskets the 4-ways flash and instrument panel flashes also as soon as the battery is hooked up
1998 Subaru Legacy Recalls
1998 Subaru Legacy Reviews
I've had to replace a head gasket once and then decided to buy a crate engine when appleway subaru decided that since I was 2,000 miles over my 15,000 mile warranty when they installed the wrong head gasket! There are 3 different types of head gaskets for this year. I love how the car handles and rips through the snow but I personally will probably never buy another 98. I'm beginning to have pr...