1998 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Subaru Legacy
- the car runs ok but while running 65/70 mph it looses acceleration drops mph
- why will my car not start after being shifted into reverse with no key in it?
- Car died and wasn't getting fuel. Replaced fuel pump. still no fuel in the lines
- would body parts from a 2001 legacy fot on a 1998 model ? thanks in advance
- Hi, the problem with my b4 is when in 2nd or 3rd gear, between 2000 and 3000rpm
1998 Subaru Legacy Problems
A failure in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery. An improved ABS relay is available to solve the problem.
1998 Subaru Legacy Questions
but rpms go way up makes clunky noise then evens out 210k on it. whats up? All responses appreciated Thanks happens once in a while disconcerting when it does
For the last couple of weeks, I hear a loud knocking coming from the front driver's side of my car. It happens once I have been driving for atleast 15 minutes. It almost sounds like it happens when the tire is rotating. Going over bumps and turning the wheel has no effect on the knocking. ...
I just got a price of $500 to replace the front struts if the old brackets can still be used. My front driver's side is leaking fluid.
1998 Subaru Legacy Recalls
1998 Subaru Legacy Reviews
I've had to replace a head gasket once and then decided to buy a crate engine when appleway subaru decided that since I was 2,000 miles over my 15,000 mile warranty when they installed the wrong head gasket! There are 3 different types of head gaskets for this year. I love how the car handles and rips through the snow but I personally will probably never buy another 98. I'm beginning to have pr...