1996 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Subaru Legacy
- Broken bolt belt Idler replaced with new bolt and still won't start 1996 subaru
- 90K scheduled maintenance price
- I've been told the rear seal is leaking oil and the clutch needs to be replaced. I need an estimate better than the one I received. Please. Thank you.
- Why 96 Subaru Legacy starts goes to idle rpm and then shuts off.
- How do I get power steering back in my Substitute Legacy TX-S 1996 model?
1996 Subaru Legacy Problems
A failure in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery. An improved ABS relay is available to solve the problem.
1996 Subaru Legacy Questions
I have a 1996 subarulegacy the Subaru Legacy Wagon that had a bolt break off that holds the belt Idler on. I removed the broken bolt from the engine and replaced it with a new one. Then I put the radiator and other things back together and tightened the belt Idler on. Then I tried starting the e...
Bought 96 Subaru from a friend. Ran good and everything, just needed a new rear diff. So I replaced rear diff. and went to start it. It starts, runs up to Idle and then shuts off. And the when this happens the at oil temp. light turns on and then flashes. The only way it will stay running is if I...
I just recently changed my power steering unit on my car as my old one was leaking badly. Now I have no power steering, even though I have put new fluid in and worked it through. Please help.