1995 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Subaru Legacy
- wont stay running.Engine light is on.AT oil temp light blinks. then dies
- Tried to shift fr0m park to reverse-car moved but noisy-shift forward and shift got stuck in park. Cant start engine, car can roll forward.
- Hi what is the interval on timing belt replacement,chg. at 60000/now 13900?
- what makes my 95 subaru run rough when i come to a stop. no engine light.
- How can I isolate cause of torque converter lockup engaging and disengaging?
1995 Subaru Legacy Problems
A failure in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery. An improved ABS relay is available to solve the problem.
1995 Subaru Legacy Questions
Just got my used legacy with 139000 miles on it looks and runs good.Catylytic is in the error code,but exhaust not smelling or loss of performance. Timing belt one owner vehicle a fair amount of highway miles on it,chg. at 60000 wondering when or how to get it checked honestly etc.Also abs need t...
Have had car for about 10 months front driver side tires wears tread on outer edge real bad. But all the sudden out of no where car started to have a wobble and or shaking only when I accelerate. And up hills the more throttle I give it the worse it gets. Same when rpm gets high but will stop ins...
I am filling up my brake fluid every day
1995 Subaru Legacy Recalls
1995 Subaru Legacy Reviews
Oh yeah, I also own a 95 legacy. Never left me stranded, or had any unpredictable problems, just front oil seals, belts, fuel filler tube and tuneups, buy an old suby and fix it, the 4wd is better too. runs laps around my 04 lemon, rust holes and all.
Bought the car used. Runs great. Only complaints is both headlight went out within a week of each other, the electrical seems like it's not strong enough for some things (ie. power door locks), the check engine light absolutely refuses to go off, and the whole car shudders when braking. Now, really, the shudder might be the brakes need replacement and the battery might need replacement, after a...