1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Questions
I'm looking to help a friend swap out a bad 5-speed for a used one.
What year range donor cars can I pick from?
99 only? 96-99? 99- 06?
Thanks and let me know
I had the radiator replaced several times, recently new timing belt, new water pump and tune up. Headed out for Alaska and it over heated...Another new radiator and another overheating...Now I am told a new head gasket will take care of the problem. Could it be something more?
What's the standard charge for rebuilt and RR the transmission
1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Reviews
runs and drives like a dream. the only complaint i have is that the spark plugs are a royal PAIN to change. i guess the offset is that it takes me around 5 minutes to change the oil.
Excellent, reliable car. I will buy another Subaru when I'm ready to replace this one. Very few repairs required, but I get regularly recommended maintenance done on time.
very good car,you can play on snow with this car.My cars starter went bad on 70000 mils.