1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Problemsanti-lock brake system (ABS) causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery. An improved ABS relay is available to solve the problem.
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Questions
Doing front end work to 1998 Subaru Legacy/Outback Limited-2.5 cyc., and found several recalls one being front suspension and it would be pointless to do all this major $$$ project w/out the recall honored.
It shudders and make a knock sound by steering wheel. This lasts for 1-2 minutes then drives fine like nothing happened. Any ideas of what might be causing this?
when driving the work fine?
1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Reviews
This car is a good, solid car. It easily handles virtually any road condition, the brakes are excellent, and has good gas mileage. It also can carry a large load for a car. The cupholders are flimsy, and the sparkplugs are hard to reach; but this is a car that I recommend to anyone looking for a good, non-expensive car.