2005 Subaru Impreza Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Subaru Impreza
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Subaru Impreza Problems
Sometimes the Check Engine Light illuminates because the computer detects misfires. Subaru released an improved spark plug wire set to solve the problem. The ignition coil should also be inspected for carbon tracks or short circuits between the contacts
2005 Subaru Impreza Questions
Will Subaru reimburse for this cost? I've replaced twice now in 125k miles. What is the expected cost to replace? Also had a transmission linkage problem. Cost me $500.
First off forgive my ignorance on engines. My father in law has installed a new engine in my son's 2005 Subaru impreza. It fires up just fine, but it leaks massive amounts of oil from the oil filter. He put a different filter on it and it did the same thing. My father in law thinks it ma...
need to get into the trunk. lock does not work and it is disabled from the inside
2005 Subaru Impreza Recalls
The front lower control arms may break at the hanger brackets due to corrosion. This corrosion is commonly a result of the hanger bracket being exposed to salty conditions, such as roads where salt is used as a snow melting agent. A broken control arm can result in loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the affected control arms and rustproof or replace them as necessary. The Subaru recall number is WVX-34.
2005 Subaru Impreza Reviews
Mine was a WRX STI. This car was a monster. It was crazy fast and handled extremely well. The problem was that I needed a daily driver. This car is just too much to drive to and from work every day. It is a 300hp beast. It got about 13mpg too so it was not good for my 90 mile round trip commute. I didn't have any issues with reliability though. The car was a ready to go racecar. No hiccups or a...