1997 Subaru Impreza Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Subaru Impreza
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Subaru Impreza Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
Rear engine oil leaks may occur because Subaru used a plastic oil baffle plate that failed. This issue is often misdiagnosed as a crankshaft rear oil seal leak or an oil pan gasket leak. Subaru released an updated design of the baffle plate made from aluminum that stops the oil leak.
1997 Subaru Impreza Questions
I thought it was the clutch safety start switch, but I replaced that and the car still won't start. When it was running fine, the starter never sounded like it was worn out or gave any signs of failure.
What could possibly be the problem?
Failed Vehicle emission test due to communication status failure. This is second time it failed for this reason. Last time this happened, the dealer said there was nothing wrong with the connection. It pass the retest but paid dealer to do nothing. This may be a fuse issue but manual does not spe...
I have 97 Subaru Impreza that keepss shutting off. Runs for no more than a minute or two then shuts off. I have good spark and good fuel pressure. The timing is good and the water pump. The scanner says it was Mass air flow sensor I changed this but still having a problem.