1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Subaru Impreza Outback
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Questions
Car running great. What could cause the above? It has happened only once just overnight at its usual parking place.
My cigarette lighter is not working. I brought it to my local shop and they said its not the fuse. They suggested it could be a short. What else could cause this to happen? How much is the avg cost of short? I only need my lighter to work for my cell charger and navigation system. Are there...
An outer Front CV Boot is leaking grease after 7300 miles and less than 2 years. An aftermarket complete axle assembly was installed on both front sides. Would OEM part likely fit and be more reliable as opposed to aftermarket parts on the Subaru? Our original axle assemblies lasted 110,00 miles.