1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback
- why wont ignition switch turn all the way to off position?
- Starts and runs well. No evident loss of power. Stumbles at idle. 5 speed manual
- When I turn the car on, it makes a whistling noise for about 2 sec What is that?
- what are the steps to r/r a front wheel bearing
- how much would it cost to repair the main engine seal?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Problems
Rear engine oil leaks may occur because Subaru used a plastic oil baffle plate that failed. This issue is often misdiagnosed as a crankshaft rear oil seal leak or an oil pan gasket leak. Subaru released an updated design of the baffle plate made from aluminum that stops the oil leak.
1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Questions
Engine returns to idle normally (i.e 750rpm) but after about 15-20 seconds, idle drops radically almost to a stall. Sometimes returns OBD codes P301, P302, P303, and P304 for engine misfire for all 4 cylinders.
Replaced MAF sensor, idle air control valve, fuel filter. No vacuum leaks.
After the brief (and pretty loud) whistle, I hear a low whistling noise when driving in first gear....I dont have any problems with driving, or any loss of speed....its just the whistling noise that is really getting to me.
This whistle happens every time I turn the car on, and its running at ...
do i need to remove the hub to have new bearings pressed in