2011 Subaru Forester Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Subaru Forester
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2011 Subaru Forester Problems
2011 Subaru Forester Questions
Can any of the recommended services be delayed or not done and if so can it jeopordize the warrranty or aftermarket service contract validity?
2011 Subaru Forester Recalls
The accessory lights that illuminate the area under the doors are referred to as "puddle" lights. An electrical short circuit can develop when either the puddle light or its connector are exposed to an electrolytic moisture source (such as road spray that has road salt in it) and it penetrates the circuit board of the puddle light or the pins of the puddle light connector(s). The short circuit can generate heat which may melt the plastic resulting in smoke or fire. Subaru dealers will install an additional fused-harness, to protect the puddle light system.
The automatic locking retractor, in the seat belt assembly located at the rear center seating position, may not lock as expected when used with a child safety seat. In the event of a crash, this would increase the risk of injury to a child seated at that location. Dealers will replace the affected seat belt retractor assembly to correct this concern. The Subaru recall number is WQA-37.