2010 Subaru Forester Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Subaru Forester
- What should I know b4 taking SUV to disliked dealer re:can't add fuel to tank??
- How diffulcult to replace spkplugs. What is s.o.p.
- What type and grade oil should I use in my 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5l
- How long can you drive a Forester without adequate differential fluid?
- Can I use the recommended 2012 spark plugs on a 2010 model Forester.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Subaru Forester Problems
Sometimes the Check Engine Light illuminates because the computer detects misfires. Subaru released an improved spark plug wire set to solve the problem. The ignition coil should also be inspected for carbon tracks or short circuits between the contacts
2010 Subaru Forester Questions
Have 2010 Subaru Forester automatic, less than 11K miles, w/ an almost empty gas tank. Turned off car, tried to add gas but won't take-- acts like tank is full & splash-back got on me & ground. Obviously I wasn't paying attention!! I even had the attendant (older guy) try &...
Check engine light flashed then stayed on with vehicle dynamic light. Cruise light flashes as well. 108, 000 miles. Detected faint odor of burning oil-as if spilled on exhaust manifold-did not last long. Made a hard left just before lights came on and engine idled/ram rough
I believe someone drained my differential fluid as there are no seal cracks, leaks, or any other leaks for that matter. I drove the car for some time with no flud without the car seizing. Would this be possible?
2010 Subaru Forester Recalls
The accessory lights that illuminate the area under the doors are referred to as "puddle" lights. An electrical short circuit can develop when either the puddle light or its connector are exposed to an electrolytic moisture source (such as road spray that has road salt in it) and it penetrates the circuit board of the puddle light or the pins of the puddle light connector(s). The short circuit can generate heat which may melt the plastic resulting in smoke or fire. Subaru dealers will install an additional fused-harness, to protect the puddle light system.
The automatic locking retractor, in the seat belt assembly located at the rear center seating position, may not lock as expected when used with a child safety seat. In the event of a crash, this would increase the risk of injury to a child seated at that location. Dealers will replace the affected seat belt retractor assembly to correct this concern. The Subaru recall number is WQA-37.