2002 Subaru Forester Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Subaru Forester
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Subaru Forester Problems
Sometimes the Check Engine Light illuminates because the computer detects misfires. Subaru released an improved spark plug wire set to solve the problem. The ignition coil should also be inspected for carbon tracks or short circuits between the contacts
2002 Subaru Forester Questions
Check light code is P1443. I can see no leaks. Only happens in very cold weather. Smell seems to be coming from heating vents. Do I have to pay $90 for a full diagnostics?
No drips on garage floor
sticks in cold weather
2002 Subaru Forester Recalls
The transmission park mechanism located inside the automatic transmission may not hold when the selector is in the "park" position. The vehicle could move/roll without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the automatic transmission parking rod assembly to correct this concern.
2002 Subaru Forester Reviews
I have two foresters an 01 and an 02 129,000 on the 01 and 138,000 on the 02 great car for the weather in Northeast Pa ride nice and solid just keep up on oil pludgs and sparkplug wires and tires an only on the second set of breaks on both sure beats the ass off of my ford explorer in the winter never again will i buy a ford these cars are fun to have why can't americans compete with this low m...
This is a fantastic well rounded car - it comes with enough storage space for almost any situation and the all wheel drive gives it greatly improved handling compared with anything else in it's class. My car has been well-maintained and, perhaps as a result, has had no mechanical issues and only one electrical issue: the auto-dimming rear view mirror does not seem to dim. Overall the handling...