2009 Scion xD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Scion xD
- Abnormal Noise or Vibration on Acceleration
- Brief Knocking or Rattle on Cold Start Up
- 1.8L Engines May Experience Excess Engine Oil Consumption
- Extended Cranking or No Start Condition, and/or Illumination of the Check Engine Light
- Vehicles May Exhibit Multiple Electrical Issues When Exposed to Extreme Cold Conditions
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Scion xD Problems
An abnormal noise or vibration on acceleration from rest or on gear shift may develop. Our technicians tell us a redesigned left side engine mount insulator is available to address this problem.
Some engines may experience a brief knocking or rattle on cold start up. Our technicians tell us replacing the camshaft timing gear assembly with upgraded parts will generally correct this concern.
1.8L engines may experience excess engine oil consumption. Our technicians tell us updated software is available for the engine control module (ECM) to address this problem.
2009 Scion xD Questions
I have a 2009 Scion XD. It was broken into and they broke my two rear windows that are able to be rolled up and down. Which cars, models and years have the same window part. I also am looking for a windshield as well. I will be going to a junkyard to find these parts. I just need to know what...
The car has an automatic transmission. It slips into neutral more so in hot weather, going uphill, and after it has been driven for awhile. It happens whether it's in cruise control, or I try to go into passing gear by stepping on it, or manually shifting from D to 3. It has 96,000 miles o...
2009 Scion xD Recalls
The springs used on the driver's seat adjustment rails can break. As a result the seat many not properly lock in position. In the event of a crash the driver's seat could move, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will inspect the affected seat rails and replace them as necessary.
Toyota and General Motors are recalling certain models because the power window master switch assembly in some of these vehicles was built using a less precise process for lubricating the internal components of the switch assembly. Irregularities in this lubrication process may cause the power window master switch assemblies to malfunction and overheat. This could result in the switch melting or possibly catching fire. Dealers will inspect and repair or replace the master window switch as necessary.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.
2009 Scion xD Reviews
I put 720 miles a week on my 2009 Scion XD. The car has been great up until now. In hot weather, after the car has been driven for about a half hour, while trying to accelerate going uphill, it slips into neutral. It's an automatic transmission. It doesn't matter if it's in cruise control mode, or if I shift it myself from D to 3, or just stepping on the gas. I have to let off the gas until i...