2010 Scion xB Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Scion xB
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Scion xB Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could be caused by a defective VVT-i controller, which changes cam timing for optimal power. Updated parts are available and the repair may be covered under the powertrain warranty.
When backing up and applying the brakes, you may hear a squeaking noise. Scion engineers addressed this problem by modifying the shape of the brake pad and the anti-squeal shims; they also applied more grease during assembly.
2010 Scion xB Questions
My Scion blows hot air when the temp reaches 80-90+ degrees outside. It will blow cool air if the temp goes back to below -80 degrees. What could be possibly wrong?
2010 Scion xB Recalls
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.