2009 Scion xB Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Scion xB
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Scion xB Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could be caused by a defective VVT-i controller, which changes cam timing for optimal power. Updated parts are available and the repair may be covered under the powertrain warranty.
2009 Scion xB Questions
service center said it costs 149.99. Is it necessary
What is the cost expected to replace worn brake pads
I have had my 2009 Scion XB for almost 2 years. I only have 10,000 miles on it and have had two services done. When do I need to change the park plugs? It doesn't say anything about it in the maintenance book. Thanks a lot
2009 Scion xB Recalls
Toyota and General Motors are recalling certain models because the power window master switch assembly in some of these vehicles was built using a less precise process for lubricating the internal components of the switch assembly. Irregularities in this lubrication process may cause the power window master switch assemblies to malfunction and overheat. This could result in the switch melting or possibly catching fire. Dealers will inspect and repair or replace the master window switch as necessary.
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.