2006 Scion xB Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Scion xB
- why did my check engine, trac off, vbs lights all of a sudden come on?
- why does my rear wiper arm go below the rear window and don't go back correctly?
- When starting the car it wants to crank for an extended amount of time before
- how to change ac expansion valve in my 2006 scion xb
- Inspection for 2006 scion xb with 90,000 miles gave code p0420 would we start
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Scion xB Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could be caused by a defective VVT-i controller, which changes cam timing for optimal power. Updated parts are available and the repair may be covered under the powertrain warranty.
When backing up and applying the brakes, you may hear a squeaking noise. Scion engineers addressed this problem by modifying the shape of the brake pad and the anti-squeal shims; they also applied more grease during assembly.
Vehicles fitted with remote start may encounter a dead battery after sitting for a few days. This can be due to a parasitic draw caused by the remote start computer. Our technicians remind us proper diagnostic procedures should be followed before replacing the remote start module with an updated part.
2006 Scion xB Questions
car seems to be running okay.
rear wiper should swipe the rear window, mine swipes below the rear window to the body of the rear hatch
When starting my 2006 xBit cranks for an extended amount of time before catching. It always starts but it tends to take longer than it should. Sometimes when the engine is warm it will start immediately. The battery has been replaced spark plugs have been replaced feel system cleaned yet the prob...
2006 Scion xB Recalls
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.
The load carrying capacity modification label may be missing from the vehicle. This information provides maximum load carrying weights as well as information about required tires and wheels. If not present, an inappropriate load may be carried in the vehicle, increasing a safety risk. Toyota has supplied customers with a new label to affix to the vehicle. This recall began on August 18, 2009.
2006 Scion xB Reviews
We love our XB with 115,000 miles on it. Has always been very noisey up front even after trying different tires. I think the wheel bearings have be bad from the get go but I need a reliable answer before I spring the $600 to replace the front wheel bearings.
130,000 miles on my 2006 XB and zero problems. I do my own oil changes(synthetic oil) and car burns/uses zero oil. Use the NGK plugs, used a set of Autolites once and mpg dropped slightly. BTW I drive like your granny and get 36-38 mpg. AC could blow a little colder and interior could use more lighting, thats it for issues.
the most reliable car I have ever owned. basic maintenance and thats it. 125,000 miles, brakes, tires, fan belt, and spark plugs. 28-32 mpg.