2005 Scion xA Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Scion xA
- How do you replace PCV valve in 2005 Scion XA
- how come my service engine light came on after having the oil changed a month
- What makes loud noise (like a motorcycle) that gets louder the faster I go?
- Why does my car run rough after oil change?
- At 65000 miles exhaust leaks and penetrates in the cabin causing headache. Why?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Scion xA Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could be caused by a defective VVT-i controller, which changes cam timing for optimal power. Updated parts are available and the repair may be covered under the powertrain warranty.
The AC evaporator drain hose may become dislodged and cause a water leak on the passenger floor.
2005 Scion xA Questions
service engine light just came on today after having my oil changed at walmart a month ago
It is not engine related. It's very loud.
2005 Scion xA Recalls
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.
Certain Scion vehicles sold from Gulf States Toyota and Southeast Toyota with Rostra cruise control may have a problem where the cruise control does not release the throttle the first time the on/off switch is pressed. If the throttle is not released when needed, a crash could occur. The vehicle manufacturers will notify owners and replace the cruise control free of charge. Rostra will notify purchasers of the aftermarket cruise controls and replace the units free of charge. The recall began February 13, 2007.
2005 Scion xA Reviews
I've had this car since it had 1300 miles on it and I now have almost 50000. I've not had one problem as of yet! Great on gas (I travel 60 miles a day to work). There is also a lot of room in this vehicle. I'm not a small person and I also haul around 2 100+ rotties in it :)
I bought the car new and have had it for over 6 years. It has 117,000 miles on it, and I've never had a problem. I use snow tires in the winter and commute 50 miles a day easily. In fact, the car's short wheelbase makes for a pretty stable ride in the snow. Love it!!
We have had this car since new and now have over 100,000 miles and the only problem is the water pump on the engine. we got 60k on the first one, 40k on the second one. Mobil 1 oil always! Runs like new and everything stills works fine.